Superman: Man of Steel
Movie news, images and trailers
Zack Snyder Talks Superman Man of Steel2011-02-10
Sure Zack Snyder can bring epic comic book tales to the screen - he proved that with Watchmen and 300 - but given the level of sex and violence in the director's output, he may not seem like the perfect choice for a character as old-fashioned and wholesome as Superman. Snyder tells SFX, the real reason he's agreed to direct the next Superman movie - currently titled Superman: The Man of Steel - is the film's take on the character, as conceived by the Batman creative team of David Goyer and Christopher Nolan.
Though he's reluctant to give any details about the film, Snyder explains what attracted him to the project: "My feeling about Superman is that I've been a fan of the character for a long time. But the question for me was always, 'What can you do with Superman in a modern world?' And I think the amazing thing that Chris and David have created, that I'm working on now, and the reason why I was like, 'Yeah, I'll do that,' was that they found that in him. They found the why in him. That's the exciting part for me."
And just how will Snyder's Superman differ from previous incarnations of the character? The filmmaker's tight-lipped but hints at what we can expect from someone whose visions are, more often than not, visceral.
"I can't really talk about that without being kind of specific," says Snyder. "But I can say I think Superman needs to be physical."
» news source
- Man of Steel in Statue Form
- Man of Steel release dates.
- Man of Steel Trailer #2
- New poster for Man of Steel
- Man of Steel teaser trailer - with Russell Crowe
- Superman: Man of Steel logo
- New Man Of Steel image emerges
- Michael Shannon talks General Zod costume
- Henry Cavill on his Man of Steel costume.
- Clip from the set of Man of Steel
- New photos of Henry Cavill on Man of Steel set
- Russell Crowe talks fighting General Zod in Man Of Steel