Superman: Man of Steel
Movie news, images and trailers
Kristen Stewart "passed" on Lois Lane in Snyder's "Superman"2011-02-02
Kristen Stewart lobbied for the role of Lois Lane in the new Superman reboot?
That's what a source is telling the N.Y. Daily News, which reports that the immensely popular "Twilight" starlet met with "Superman" director Zack Snyder about taking over the role of the intrepid newspaper reporter (and the Man of Steel's main squeeze).
"K.Stew recently met with the filmmaker and his wife, Deborah - who's a producer on the film with Christopher ('Inception') Nolan - to discuss her taking the role of Lane," the Daily News writes. "The meeting could not have lasted long. The source says Stewart 'ultimately passed. ... Our source, who works with Snyder, says the director did not offer Stewart the role, but had 'definite' interest in her playing the quick-thinking brunette."
Stewart's spokeswoman, however, told the Daily News that Stewart "did not read for the part" but declined to elaborate.
Call it a missed opportunity. Lane, of course, was made famous on the silver screen by Margot Kidder, though she most recently was played by Kate Bosworth in Bryan Singer's "Superman Returns."
A few days ago, Snyder announced that Henry Cavill of "The Tudors" would fill Superman's tights in the blockbuster, while the Daily News goes on to say that with Stewart out of the running, Snyder will consider Jessica Biel, "Glee's" Dianna Agron, Rachel McAdams, Malin Akerman and Mila Kunis for the role of Lane.
» news source
- Man of Steel in Statue Form
- Man of Steel release dates.
- Man of Steel Trailer #2
- New poster for Man of Steel
- Man of Steel teaser trailer - with Russell Crowe
- Superman: Man of Steel logo
- New Man Of Steel image emerges
- Michael Shannon talks General Zod costume
- Henry Cavill on his Man of Steel costume.
- Clip from the set of Man of Steel
- New photos of Henry Cavill on Man of Steel set
- Russell Crowe talks fighting General Zod in Man Of Steel