Superman: Man of Steel
Movie news, images and trailers
Michael Shannon is Zod in Superman: Man Of Steel2011-04-11
Michael Shannon has signed on to play Kryptonian villain General Zod in Zack Snyder's Superman reboot, now officially titled Man Of Steel.
Shannon landed the role after first choice Viggo Mortensen was unable to find a gap in his schedule to commit to the superhero reboot.
"Zod is not only one of Superman's most formidable enemies, but one of the most significant because he has insights into Superman that others don't," says director Snyder.
"Michael is a powerful actor who can project both the intelligence and the malice of the character, making him perfect for the role."
Zod was most famously played by Terence Stamp in Superman II, but - like Snyder - we're convinced that Shannon's the perfect choice for Snyder's new interpretation of the villain.
While some Superman fans may be wary of Snyder's involvement in the reboot after his critically-lashed Sucker Punch failed to impress, there's no doubt he's assembling a formidable cast for Man Of Steel.
Shannon joins Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Superman, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Diane Lane as Martha Kent and Kevin Costner as Jonathan Kent.
» news source
- Man of Steel in Statue Form
- Man of Steel release dates.
- Man of Steel Trailer #2
- New poster for Man of Steel
- Man of Steel teaser trailer - with Russell Crowe
- Superman: Man of Steel logo
- New Man Of Steel image emerges
- Michael Shannon talks General Zod costume
- Henry Cavill on his Man of Steel costume.
- Clip from the set of Man of Steel
- New photos of Henry Cavill on Man of Steel set
- Russell Crowe talks fighting General Zod in Man Of Steel