Superman: Man of Steel
Movie news, images and trailers
Zack Snyder will be completely rebooting Superman2011-03-17
Bryan Singer's dreamy Superman Returns was as reverent as they come with regard to respecting the Richard Donner/Chris Reeves era of adaps.
For his new Superman, though, director Zack Snyder has revealed that he's taking the opposite approach, with his movie assuming "there's been no other Superman movies".
Speaking with Hero Complex, Snyder says that he's taking the Batman Begins approach to comic reboots with Superman, beginning with a completely fresh slate.
"Literally, the one thing that everyone can start to think about is that we're making a movie that finally goes with the approach that there's been no other Superman movies," Snyder confirms.
"If you look at Batman Begins, there's that structure, there's the canon that we know about and respect, but on other hand there's this approach that pre-supposes that there haven't been any other movies.
"In every aspect of design and of story, the whole thing is very much from that perspective of respect the canon, but don't be a slave to the movies."
For more from Snyder, including what he says about his working relationship with Chris Nolan, head over to Hero Complex.
» news source
- Man of Steel in Statue Form
- Man of Steel release dates.
- Man of Steel Trailer #2
- New poster for Man of Steel
- Man of Steel teaser trailer - with Russell Crowe
- Superman: Man of Steel logo
- New Man Of Steel image emerges
- Michael Shannon talks General Zod costume
- Henry Cavill on his Man of Steel costume.
- Clip from the set of Man of Steel
- New photos of Henry Cavill on Man of Steel set
- Russell Crowe talks fighting General Zod in Man Of Steel