Superman: Man of Steel
Movie news, images and trailers
Henry Cavill discusses being cast as Superman2011-02-18
Henry Cavill has spoken out about the nerve-wracking experience of landing the lead role in Zack Snyder's new Superman movie.
Speaking with EW, the British star of The Tudors and upcoming fantasy Immortals reveals how scary it was auditioning to be the world's newest Clark Kent.
"All I could think was: Oh, god. They're going to look at me and go: 'He's not Superman. Not a chance,'" he says. "The actor inside me was going: 'You're not ready! You're not ready!'"
His director, Snyder, though, saw something in Cavill that other high profile auditionees simply couldn't get anywhere near.
"Other actors put that suit on, and it's a joke, even if they're great actors," says Snyder.
"Henry put it on, and he exuded this kind of crazy-calm confidence that just made me go 'Wow. Okay: This was Superman.'"
The new Superman movie will shoot later this year, and will hit screens late 2012.
» news source
- Man of Steel in Statue Form
- Man of Steel release dates.
- Man of Steel Trailer #2
- New poster for Man of Steel
- Man of Steel teaser trailer - with Russell Crowe
- Superman: Man of Steel logo
- New Man Of Steel image emerges
- Michael Shannon talks General Zod costume
- Henry Cavill on his Man of Steel costume.
- Clip from the set of Man of Steel
- New photos of Henry Cavill on Man of Steel set
- Russell Crowe talks fighting General Zod in Man Of Steel